Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Bedtime for Seneca

Bedtime for Seneca - M. Duda Bedtime for Seneca by M. Duda is a short book, filled with a few short stories. They're quite unique stories and I've never read anything quite like them before now. The author takes a dark view in these stories and, rather than having scenes of redemption, the outlook within these pages isn't always a good one. However, apart from that, the characters' actions are quite understandable and we can see their motivations for doing such things or thinking in such a way; you or I might do something similar, had we been in the same situation. I think that the stories might work better if they were longer, but overall, it was a pretty interesting book and it was written very well.

I won a copy of this book via a First Reads giveaway and these are just my honest thoughts on it.