Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Fairy Tail, Vol. 01

Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 - Hiro Mashima, William Flanagan This is the first volume in the Fairy Tail series by Hiro Mashima. We begin with Lucy who has an interest in magic. She wants to join the Fairy Tail guild, a group of people with powerful magic. Luckily, she meets Natsu who saves her and helps her fulfill her dream.

I really liked all of the characters so far. Many of them have some very interesting quirks and I feel like they're all fairly unique. Obviously I don't know much about all of them yet, but I look forward to getting to know them a bit better. The thing I appreciate most is that, within the book, they all seem to be very eager and friendly. Everything is fairly upbeat and they're all involved in some interesting situations.

The story so far has been great. I like that some of them are little "jobs" and I think that plays well for a little bit of flair; each job they've done so far provides a new situation and gives a little bit of a taste to what the world is like for them. In essence, it's like traveling and getting into trouble with them on their adventures. I think that magic and supernatural themes are used very well within the book. Though we haven't found out much about it yet, I'm really excited to read further on and learn more about what they can do and the ways they use their powers within the future volumes.

Overall, it's a pretty great volume and I'm excited to read further into the series!