Cattereia

Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

I'm not the most active user here on Booklikes. In fact, sometimes I forget that it even exists. However, I endeavor to come back and post more stuff that I enjoy.

My reviews aren't guaranteed to be something you agree with and my perspective on books isn't something most people generally want. However, I still hope that there's something you can gain from them and you don't feel as if you've wasted your time reading them.

Don't just take my word for it; read the books yourself and form your own opinion!

The Beekeeper's Secret
Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Twinkle Toes

Twinkle Toes - Mike Faricy Twinkle Toes is a short story by Mike Faricy feature a private detective, Devlin Haskell. An ex from his school days has gone missing from a modelling job with a Tom Kruise, and it's Haskell's job to find her.

I think it was a pretty interesting story, though a little bit too short for me. The plot is just a bit cliche. Though, the author has some very original portions to add. I think that the thing I like most about the book is the characters. Though some of them have stereotypical characteristics, they all have fairly unique personalities and I thought them to be somewhat interesting. However, the book was a bit too short to get to know them properly. Another thing I really liked about the story was the writing style. There are portions of humour and places where you can simply feel the personality of the book. It's pretty much a standalone book; the plot and characters are introduced well enough so that you're not missing out on anything important or information necessary to the plot.

Overall, I liked it a lot and I am definitely going to read more of the author's work in future! Five stars!

I "bought" a copy of this from Amazon.com.au when it was free. These are just my honest thoughts.