Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Charm: An Amazing Story of a Little Black Cat

Charm: An Amazing Story of a Little Black Cat - Leyla Atke I was lucky enough to get a review copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

Charm, by Leyla Atke, is about a little kitten she finds while she is on a break one day. She worries for its safety and subsequently adopts it. Charm, as he is named, is smart and confident. He likes eating egg yolks and adventuring across the street onto the grounds of the factory. One day, Charm is lost. Eventually the author is blessed when Charm returns to her. Whether you believe his return to be a matter of God or some other mysterious means, the story of Charm is a beautiful tale.

The book is aimed for people of all ages and I imagine that many people will find something enjoyable in this story. Though, there are some portions that might be upsetting or even need to be explained to younger children, such as the death of Charm. I even found it upsetting. That's the magic of the book, actually. It has high points and low points which I think ought to be found inspiring; that if you get through difficult times, you might often find redemption or portions of life which make the struggle worthwhile. I found the book to be almost magical. It's a truly beautiful story of a little cat and its owner with beautiful illustrations as well. Overall, I found it to be a truly pleasing story. I think it's definitely worth five stars. I think I would love to read further stories of Charm's adventures!