Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Astro is Down in the Dumps

Astro is Down in the Dumps - Susan Day I got a coupon code for Smashwords to get this book for free. These are just my honest thoughts on it.

Told in rhyme, Astro is Down in the Dumps By Susan Day is a book about a dog who is feeling down. It's designed to encourage youngsters to try all sorts of new things when they're feeling upset or depressed. When Astro the dog is feeling down, he takes visits from all his friends who inform him what they do when they feel upset. By the end of the book, Astro is feeling much happier!

It's a lovely book, with beautiful illustrations. Astro's story, though a little cliche, is well told and quite inspiring. I admit, I kind of thought it was rude for the friends to all visit and tell him what to do. I know that when I'm in that kind of mood, I don't like it when people tell me that I should be doing things I don't like/ or aren't good at. However, I know they were just trying to help and I admire Astro's patience with them. I think that the main reason Astro was feeling better was just the chance to have talked to his friends.

It's quite a nice book.