Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Read my SONG Read my HEART Read my SOUL

Read my SONG Read my HEART Read my SOUL - Awen Finn I received a free copy of this book as a prize from Firstreads. These are just my honest thoughts on it. Read my Song Read my Heart Read my Soul is a book by Awen Finn where she intuits the personalities and character of a person by listening to their favourite song. The book's intention is to generally be uplifting and the song reads reflect this by trying to point out the good aspects of a person's nature.

The blurb of the book states, "Awen’s astonishing insights will help you uncover your true self so that you can live the joyous and fulfilling life you desire." I didn't particularly find this to be true in relation to myself. It has a wide range of songs which are from mostly popular artists/ groups, whether the songs be new or old. But I must admit that despite wide range of music chosen by the clients, I didn't actually find any song I really liked in the book. Sure, I've listened to many of these songs, or even other songs by the same artists. However, I don't feel connected to any of these tunes in particular. I didn't find a song or description that I feel reflects myself.

Overall, the book was alright. I skimmed through a lot of it because I didn't find it to be particularly relevant to me and my own personality. I imagine that a lot of people might find something relatable in some of these chapters. However, I don't imagine that every single person will. I feel like the blurb was a partial lie because, despite the many songs chosen, there was really nothing that helped me uncover my true self. Determining what the rate this is a struggle; though it's a nice and (meant to be an) uplifting book, there's nothing I felt I enjoyed. Maybe it will help other readers more...