Cattereia

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

How to Archer: The Ultimate Guide to Espionage and Style and Women and Also Cocktails Ever Written - Sterling Archer I enjoyed this book from start to finish. I see a lot of negative reviews being placed, and I can't help but disagree. I think this book is pretty much the embodiment of any Archer episode.

"I try not to rely on bribery too heavily, for two reasons: one, it’s pretty boring, Two, ISIS has this whole big voucher process where you have to sign out the money, which they then count—like every single dollar—on Mother’s desk, and the whole time she’s just smirking at you with that smirky little smirk on her smirkly smirking face."

For those who have not seen the television series, I will try to explain as best I can. It's an animated spy comedy about the world's greatest spy, Sterling Archer. He is the top agent at ISIS, which is a spy agency run by Mallory Archer (his mother). The majority of the show is various spy shenanigans, sexual jokes and just plain ridiculousness. It is not meant to be taken seriously. In a way, it reminds me a lot of Burn Notice, if Micheal Westen were to mess up more and have sex with every hot woman he were to meet.

The overall tone of this book is light, but without understanding the character, you might not necessarily understand how it's meant to be seen. I imagined his voice while reading this book and I could pretty much rely on knowing his feelings on pretty much every twist and turn.

My favourite chapter so far (I'm writing this as I'm reading it) is "Unarmed Combat" where he goes on to explain what (he thinks) each type of combat is. More to the fact, we find out that he more or less didn't train in anything.

"GATKA -- A Sikh martial art which uses swords, lances, javelins, bows and arrows, and something called a bagh nakh, which is what I imagine would happen if Freddy Krueger and some brass knuckles had a baby. Did not train in this discipline. Because I’ll just say it: I was kinda scared."

I think the thing I find most amusing is the facts. Some are just completely ridiculous. On the other hand, some are more or less true, even if they are a little bit manipulated by his understanding.

I found it to be quite funny. It contained jokes including jokes about the U.S. Postal Service, Highlander ("There can only be one!"), prostitutes and his poor manservent Woodhouse.

It characterised the series quite well and did indeed capture the humour presented in each episode. I read it in only a few hours. It was 197 pages, 30,000 words (as he considers unfortunate). I think it was quite well done and deserving of 4 stars.