Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Assassin's Apprentice

Assassin's Apprentice  - Robin Hobb The epic events of Kings and Queens are hard to come by in real life and stories of such are poor in comparison to fiction. I enjoy books such as this, and I'm sure that others do as well, in the respect that they provide marvellous tales of what could be.

I usually enjoy the epic tales of new lands and the journies the characters must face. In this particular book, Assassin's Apprentice, the book begins with a young boy and he is certainly unaware of the trials that will face him over his youth. He is the illegitimate child of a prince, first heir to the throne, the son of Prince Chivalry who cannot bear children with his wife.

Over the course of the book, the boy (Fitz, Boy, Bastard and other such titles as he is called) meets all sorts of strange folk and overcomes many challenges put to him.

On a technical note, I am quite impressed with the amount of detail the author has put into the story and am pleasantly pleased at how plausible it all sounds. The story does not ask us to stray too far into the fantastical side and offers a storyline that could pass off in any of our lives, as long as we were in the correct timeline. I am also impressed by the way she manages many different plots, key events and the snippets into the history of the kingdom.