Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Snow Falling on Cedars

Snow Falling on Cedars - David Guterson The book has a back and forth nature and several times- during my first read- I kept on needing to go back and forth to recall what happened earlier. The book has several events happening in the present time, based on several characters. This is the murder trial. A reported subsequently begins a private investigation of the events.
The book also takes us back into the past, decades earlier when war events struck the island and made alienated many of the civilians that had done nothing wrong.
Despite the here and there nature of the book, it has some very likeable characters and some great events as well as some unlikeable portions.
I originally had to read this for an English class, the majority of a decade ago. I was very impressed with the writing style and maturity of the author's take on the events of war.