Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

The Transferred Ghost (Updated)

The Transferred Ghost (Updated) - Rafael Coira, J. H. Coira The Transferred Ghost by Rafael Coira is a short story that I obtained for free from Smashwords today. It is an adaptation from a story by Frank R. Stockton, which I have not read, so I do not know the differences between that version and this.

The story is about a ghost. It comes to talk to one of the inhabitants of a house, one day and explains its situation. You see, it had taken residence in the home at the near death of another of the occupants. However, when that person lived, the awkward ghost had nowhere to go. It requests help and offers a little bit of advice in return.

It's an interesting little story and it runs at a reasonable pace. I really did quite enjoy it. My only problem is that the story ends quite abruptly when I feel like there's more to be told. Though it completes everyone's problems, I just don't think the ending is very fitting. Other than that, the characters and plot are all quite good.