Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Little Bear's Cookie Day

Little Bear's Cookie Day - Limpid Kenneth In Little Bear's Cookie Day by Limpid Kenneth we visit a forest where Little Bear lives with his parents. Upon reading a story book, Little Bear decides that he wants to eat cookies. With the help of his mother, he learns how to make cookies. First they get out the ingredients. Then she shows him how to properly mix together the ingredients. Once they're shaped (into fish!), they're baked and Mother Bear explains the way the heat affects them in the oven.

It's fairly interesting and I enjoy that the author tries to teach the children something within the book. Not only does the story teach them about cooking, but Mother Bear's explanation of the cooking process gives children a very basic view of the science of it as well. The story is fairly sweet; essentially Little Bear takes inspiration from reading a book and it encourages him to take on an activity in real life. Hopefully such a story might inspire children who read this book to take on some sort of new hobby of their own.

Overall, the book has plenty of adorable images and aims to give kids a bit of insight to learning something new. I imagine that many children will find this book to be a great read!