Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Return of the Pack: Sierra Moon Book Two

Return of the Pack: Sierra Moon Book Two - Claire Ryann Return of the Pack is the second volume in the Sierra Moon series by Claire Ryann. In the first book, Quest of the Alpha, we were introduced to several of the important characters of the series. Lane and Diego are brothers who need a new breeding pair for their wolf pack. That is, until Lane came across Tara, a hiker in the woods. They developed feelings for each other and soon Lane tries to break the news to her about his predicament and his true intentions. In Return of the Pack, we follow Lane and Tara as they join the pack. Though she's not immediately accepted, Tara does her best to mingle with the pack and acquaint herself with the other members.

I think the thing I appreciate most about Tara is that she's fairly upbeat. Though she's afraid in some portions and confused as well, I think it's great that she still has some level of happiness throughout it. She looks at a scary situation and finds herself grateful for it and the opportunities it gives her, which I like because it really does show some level of character development. I also liked the small back stories of the pack. For the new characters we're introduced to, I enjoy that many of them have varying personalities. In between the little exchanges, they all balance each other out, for example; Geordin's patience with Prinn and Reylinn. I think the thing I appreciated most was the author writing in ties that many of the wolves still hold to human community and culture. I think it's an important part because it does make many of their characters seem just so much more relatable. I still like Tara and Lane as a couple. I can see that she's uneasy about the things he needs from her and the level of commitment, but I think it's kind of the same as any normal relationship and what might be expected from any young woman.

The development of this part of the series is fairly interesting. There's a lot going on, but I think it's all very well paced. I appreciate that not too much of the plot is revealed at once and there are still some mysteries to the book. I felt that the end of this part was somewhat appropriate; that Lane was willing to change for a life with Tara.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this part of the series. The characters are all fairly well developed with various personalities and reactions to the situations presented. I felt that the plot was steady and built up the story well.

I received a free copy of this story in exchange for an honest review.