Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Stepping Stones to Love Honor and Respect

Stepping Stones to Love Honor and Respect - D.M. Yates Today, I obtained a free copy of Stepping Stones to Love Honor and Respect By DM Yates from Smashwords. It's a book of poetry with work about the following categories: Love, Honor, Respect, New Age, Eclectic, Pain, Tales, Religious, Fun, Collections, and Earth.

In some places, the word usage seems strange. For example, the poem "I am who I Am" seemed a little bit weird to me because I just don't think it flowed as well as it could have and the words don't seem to work well together. Though, that's just one poem out of many. Other than that one, I think Yates has a beautiful way with language. My favourite poem was "If Wishes Were Realities"; the lines all work well together. I also enjoyed "Alone I Walk This Earth in Chains" in particular; it contains such strong imagery and a great theme. I enjoyed a lot of the biblical elements and praises; I felt that the author has used them well and not in any sort of gratuitous manner. I also think that the author did well with common themes such as love; they've provided a new perspective and an interesting outlook. Overall, I'm fairly impressed with the author's work in this book. They've used a lot of beautiful language and imagery to present some fine poetry. The work is very structured, and adds some personal touches.

Just to warn some people who might have a problem with such a thing, the book does have a lot of religious references and dedications.