Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

War on Love

War on Love - Fayon D Ashley War on Love by Fayon D Ashley is a collection of poems depicting relationships. My first thought, several pages in, is that I quite like the work. There are a range of poems, many seem to focus on very primal and passionate feelings. Some of the poems are almost like little short stories and others are like little chapters in a much larger story. I'm quite intrigued by many of the poems and really do appreciate the short views into the lives of nameless characters. I can see a lot of the author's intention in the poems. I can absolutely feel the love and passion between these pages, likewise the heartache and sadness. My overall thoughts, after finishing the book, is that they were all really beautiful pieces. In between many of the poems were little thoughts of the author, which are interesting because they lead me to wonder about each of those points. I'm pretty happy with this book. I'm definitely going to return to it later to reread many of the poems. I got this book for free from Amazon.com.au and these are just my honest thoughts.