Cattereia

Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

I'm not the most active user here on Booklikes. In fact, sometimes I forget that it even exists. However, I endeavor to come back and post more stuff that I enjoy.

My reviews aren't guaranteed to be something you agree with and my perspective on books isn't something most people generally want. However, I still hope that there's something you can gain from them and you don't feel as if you've wasted your time reading them.

Don't just take my word for it; read the books yourself and form your own opinion!

The Beekeeper's Secret
Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Evil Abounds: An Alpha Guardians BBW Romance Prequel

Evil Abounds: An Alpha Guardians BBW Romance Prequel - Vivian Wood Evil Abounds by Vivian Wood is a prequel to the Alpha Guardians series. We begin the series with Mere Marie, she collects three people from points in history; Rhys Macaulay, Gabriel Thorne and Aeric Drekkon. She presents them each with some sort of ultimatum to their situation and has them brought into present time.

I found the characters to be somewhat interesting. Though it's only a prologue, I found the portions of their original lives to be fascinating. So far, I have no problems with any of the characters. They seem to be reasonably well developed and each has acted reasonably to the situations presented to them. I appreciated their wonder to the new version of their world in 2015 and their amazement with our life, though at the same time I also appreciate that it didn't overtake the story and we simply moved on with the story.

The book begins by presenting us with a scene of wonder, introducing us into a new world with all sorts of forms of magic. I felt that the author wrote well and worked with a beautiful use of language to present the scenery and situations. I also appreciated, later on, that when the characters would use an alternate language, much of it was semi-translated for the reader, the same way that several of the magical terms were sort of translated for the reader in the case they mightn't know of it. I liked the varying supernatural and fantasy aspects. The best thing is that it all works together very well. For example, using various aspects of witchcraft and demon summoning, meanwhile mixing it with things such as time travel and shifting.

Overall, I liked the story and will certainly continue the series in future.

I received a free copy of this story in exchange for an honest review.