Cattereia

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Medicine For Ghosts: A Disillusioners Short Story

Medicine For Ghosts: A Disillusioners Short Story - Adam Bishop Let me just start by saying that I have not read any other book in this series. I was looking for something short to read and, looking through the Kindle app on my computer, I found that Medicine for Ghosts looked short and gave it a go. I got it for free from Amazon. It was the cover that I thought interesting most of all, and perhaps that contributed to me reading it over the other three thousand books I have for my Kindle.

Jarvis is an investigative reporter and he has been contacted, by a doctor named Malon, about secret prisoners. He's being invited into the prison, Bayla Castle, though his contact has no idea how to get him inside. How is he going to get his article and get his information if he can't get in? Well, you'll just have to read and see for yourself...

I felt that the characters were reasonably interesting and acted appropriately for the situations they were in. Being that it's short, I guess the story isn't intended to indulge too much in character development, so don't expect much in that department.

My main worry, when I found out that I was reading a short story amongst another series, was that I might not get all the references. The story is quite understandable if you have not read the The Disillusioners, as I have not. It's easy to follow; a journalist meeting someone with information and then following up on the leads. There are some references to various types of magic, places and other people. These are all reasonably easy to follow if one does not concern themselves too much with who these people might be, the places and other such things.

There's not really much I can say about it overall. I didn't think it was horrible. I think it was well written, but I believe that some aspects could have been done better. 3.5 stars, rounded up to four. Though, that might change if I re-read it later or perhaps once I've read The Disillusioners.