Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

A Problem With Donuts

A Problem With Donuts - Ben Woodard, Wendy Currier I "bought" a copy of this from Amazon.com.au yesterday night and, today, I gave it a read. These are just my honest thoughts.

A Problem With Donuts is a lovely, short book by Ben Woodard. It tells the story of young Elizabeth. She lives nearby a donut shop and every day, a wonderful smell floats throughout her home. Yet, when she asks her father for one, he makes a comment that if you eat too many, you'll soon turn into one! You should give it a read to find out what happens and don't forget the donut jokes at the end of the book!

I just loved this book. It's such an adorable little story full of whimsy. The illustrations are great. They're fairly simply, but with some interesting details. The copy I have has them in black and white and they don't fit a full page, but it's enough for a child to see what's going on in the scene. The words used are all fairly easy and a child with a moderate knowledge of words ought to be able to read it pretty well.

Overall, I loved it. I loved the entire book and I can't see anything wrong with it. It's definitely worth five stars!