Cattereia

Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

I'm not the most active user here on Booklikes. In fact, sometimes I forget that it even exists. However, I endeavor to come back and post more stuff that I enjoy.

My reviews aren't guaranteed to be something you agree with and my perspective on books isn't something most people generally want. However, I still hope that there's something you can gain from them and you don't feel as if you've wasted your time reading them.

Don't just take my word for it; read the books yourself and form your own opinion!

The Beekeeper's Secret
Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Loving Two Dragons 3

Loving Two Dragons 3 - James D. Horton This book is the third part of Loving Two Dragons by James D Horton. It follows closely after Parts 1 & 2, so it is recommended that you read both prior novels to get the full experience. Jennifer Aguillon has recently gotten married to a king, Archer, who rules a group of dragons. Currently the kingdom is facing dangers like extinction and even someone trying to ressurect the dragon Ancients. Part 3 explains more about the history of Jennifer and Archer's society.

I really appreciated the further look into the history of Jennifer. Though a lot is still unexplained, I thought that the scenes we got to experience were interesting and I enjoyed the highs and lows. I think the author did very well having a lot of varying scenes and introducing some future plot points, meanwhile also setting up some important scenes within the book. As for other characters, I did like the continuation of Logan and thought this part of the series gave a good insight to his character and his own experiences within Archer's court. Other characters had some very interesting parts to play within the plot and I think Marathe and Mateas presented some good conflicts for the protagonists to fix. I think the plot is progressing reasonably well. Though this part focused primarily on Jennifer recovering memories, I liked that there was still a lot of current events going on. I did think that the supernatural elements were a little lacking in this part; there wasn't much magic and transformations, in comparison to the prior two. Overall, I enjoyed this part. I still feel like there's a lot more to be explained to us about Jennifer's history, but I do appreciate that the author is keeping us updated on it. I'm certainly interesting in reading the future parts of the story.

I received a free copy of this story in exchange for an honest review.