Cattereia

Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

I'm not the most active user here on Booklikes. In fact, sometimes I forget that it even exists. However, I endeavor to come back and post more stuff that I enjoy.

My reviews aren't guaranteed to be something you agree with and my perspective on books isn't something most people generally want. However, I still hope that there's something you can gain from them and you don't feel as if you've wasted your time reading them.

Don't just take my word for it; read the books yourself and form your own opinion!

The Beekeeper's Secret
Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Children's book : The White Unicorn - children's read along books - Daytime Naps and Bedtime Stories: bedtime stories for girls, princess books for kids, bedtime reading for children,

Children's book : The White Unicorn - children's read along books - Daytime Naps and Bedtime Stories: bedtime stories for girls,  princess books for kids, bedtime reading for children, - Nona J. Fairfax The White Unicorn is a short book for children by Nona J. Fairfax. It describes the unicorn's departure from Earth and their return many years later. Though, when they get back here, they're disappointed by what they find.

Before we begin the story, the author explains that the story's aim is to introduce children to emotions for them to develop, things such as sadness and anger. I think the author does this reasonably well. Though, being that it's a very short story, I think that the author might have spent a little more time focusing on these emotions for children to deal with. Essentially, we receive a very quick ending, with the moral to not give up when things get bad, but the problem solving aspect isn't explained as well as it could be. I reckon that it's not a brilliant idea to teach children that simply praying to God is appropriate in this case. Fixing pollution isn't that simple. Every single person has to do something to prevent pollution, not just angels (in child form). I think it's a sweet story. However, it's just too preachy and I wouldn't want to read it to any child of mine. It's more appropriate for a more religious family.

Overall, it was decent. I didn't particularly enjoy it, but it was well written and the author has a style very fit for children. The use of language is excellent. It would be fine for a parent to read to their child and, also, an older child will be able to read it reasonably easy. Three stars.

I "bought" a copy of this from Amazon.com.au when it was free. These are just my honest thoughts.