Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

30 Second Sci Fi: Three hundred and sixty-five stories of a science-fictional nature - Philip Trippenbach 30 Second Sci Fi by Philip Trippenbach is described as "three hundred and sixty-five stories of a science-fictional nature". It's essentially a book compiled of really short stories. The characters and plot lines vary from story to story, as do the sub genres. Some stories contain robots, others aliens, space travel, etc, etc.

It is an immense collection of stories and I found many to be somewhat intriguing. However, the problem is that many are too short. That's the point of them, obviously. My point here is that the fact that they're short is their downfall. The short format works for some which only have the goal of being quirky with a snappy ending. However, some obviously don't work with the short format and, essentially, aren't properly explained. Many leave the majority of the work up to the readers' imagination. In some ways, that's a good thing, but here it just seems lazy. In other ways, many of the stories seem kind of repetitive, being that some of the plot lines or essentials get repeated, even if the characters or settings have changed. Others seem quite original. There are several that just don't seem like science fiction, just short stories that don't have a genre but have been stuck in the book anyway...

Overall, I think some of them were pretty interesting stories. The majority just seemed a little bit dull. Some too short to find a proper enjoyable portion of the story. I think it's deserving of three stars. I'm not particularly impressed by the book, but I didn't think it was horrible either.