Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

How to Interview the Coach

How to Interview the Coach - Kenneth Parady How to Interview the Coach is a book by Kenneth Parady and the idea of it is to give athletes a good idea of what to expect when interviewing coaches. I think I misunderstood the idea of the book when I first found that I had won the book; just based on the title, I thought it might be different. However, I think the premise is fairly interesting. It's a good little book which gives the reader a basis of what to expect in an interview with a potential coach. The intended user base is for the athletes, but I think it is useful for anyone if they're going to have some sort of job interview or something similar. It gives an idea about what to (or not to) wear, the information they ought to include in their papers, how to go about in their contact with the coach. I think that the most important information is the question/ answer portions of the book. It offers varying things that a potential coach might ask and how you might appropriately respond to such things. Interestingly, it also has examples of letters and information sheets that you can give to the coach to give them an idea of your stats. I'm not an athlete and I don't need to find a coach. However, I think it's a pretty useful book for anyone who might be questioned by a potential employer at some point. Not all the questions will apply to the situation, obviously, but the book gives a fair idea of what to expect in an interview situation.

I received a copy of How to Interview the Coach by Kenneth Parady through a First Reads giveaway. These are just my honest thoughts on it.