Cattereia

Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

I'm not the most active user here on Booklikes. In fact, sometimes I forget that it even exists. However, I endeavor to come back and post more stuff that I enjoy.

My reviews aren't guaranteed to be something you agree with and my perspective on books isn't something most people generally want. However, I still hope that there's something you can gain from them and you don't feel as if you've wasted your time reading them.

Don't just take my word for it; read the books yourself and form your own opinion!

The Beekeeper's Secret
Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

BLEACH―ブリーチ― 59 (ジャンプコミックス)

BLEACH―ブリーチ― 59 (ジャンプコミックス) - 久保 帯人 The battle and history between Captains Unohana and Zaraki were most enjoyable. I particularly liked the twist that Unohana was much like Zaraki. I'd originally thought her harmless and almost fragile. But, it seems almost natural that she stemmed from such a bloodthirsty past, almost as if she was now trying to make ammends for the many battles she'd fought in the past.
I'd originally sort of resented that she seemed somewhat weak, but this completely makes up for it.

I also like the history of Isshin and seeing him in his captain stage is really enjoyable compared to the huge dork we see him as when he's just Ichigo's father. I also liked the minor historical aspects of Hitsugaya and Matsumoto. It seems amusing that Matsumoto was passed over as captain. I wonder whether she is resentful for that fact.