Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Maya & Filippo See Impossible Things in the Garden City

Maya & Filippo See Impossible Things in the Garden City - Alinka Rutkowska, Konrad Checinski I received a low resolution review copy of this book in return for an honest review. I have been lucky enough to receive a review copy of "Maya & Filippo Visit a Glacier" before this and am certainly happy to read this new book as well.

Maya & Filippo's adventures continue when they visit Christchurch, New Zealand. Which is also known as the Garden City. Before they dock in Christchurch, Maya & Filippo get to play in the youth club where they get to make art, sharing their drawings with the other children and telling stories of their adventures. Soon enough, they arrive and they join their club friends in the city where they see some pretty incredible sights. At the end of the book, there are quiz questions and a little bit more information about Christchurch.

Overall, the book is pretty upbeat. It contains lovely drawings of the sights about Christchurch and takes children on a little bit of a tour. There's information for kids to learn and the overall theme contains a lovely little message for children's imaginations, that just because you haven't seen something, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

It's pretty amusing. Five stars from me!