Cattereia

Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

I'm not the most active user here on Booklikes. In fact, sometimes I forget that it even exists. However, I endeavor to come back and post more stuff that I enjoy.

My reviews aren't guaranteed to be something you agree with and my perspective on books isn't something most people generally want. However, I still hope that there's something you can gain from them and you don't feel as if you've wasted your time reading them.

Don't just take my word for it; read the books yourself and form your own opinion!

The Beekeeper's Secret
Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Children's Books: AN ORDINARY PRINCESS (Adorable Bedtime Story/Picture Book for Beginner Readers About Becoming Anything You Want to Be, Ages 2-8) - Sally Huss I "bought" a copy of this book from Amazon.com.au when it was free. It might still be free, but I don't know. Regardless, this review is just my honest thoughts.

Laura Sue is just an ordinary little girl. However, she's always wanted to be a princess! She tells her brother, her mother, her father and all her class at school. However, everyone tells her she can't be one because she wasn't born a princess. A visit from an angel gives her the answers she seeks. To be an ordinary princess, one must be a good girl, kind, happy and helpful, with never and complaints. She puts it to the test and finds that helping others is what fulfils her happiness, becoming an ordinary princess.

It's an interesting story, about a girl who just wants to be a princess. However, I thought it to be a bit silly that everyone keeps on telling her that you have to be born a princess. That's not particularly true; there are other ways to become a princess, like marriage for example. I also kind of thought it a little unfortunate in the end; the only reason she really wanted to help others is for the reward, that she would be called a princess. It kind of sends mixed messages to me. She didn't really seem to want to help people because it was the right thing to do; she just wanted to help others because an angel had told her that was the way to solve her problems. Regardless, I think it was a sweet book and is sure to make any little girl or boy happy!