Cattereia

Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

I'm not the most active user here on Booklikes. In fact, sometimes I forget that it even exists. However, I endeavor to come back and post more stuff that I enjoy.

My reviews aren't guaranteed to be something you agree with and my perspective on books isn't something most people generally want. However, I still hope that there's something you can gain from them and you don't feel as if you've wasted your time reading them.

Don't just take my word for it; read the books yourself and form your own opinion!

The Beekeeper's Secret
Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Runaway Smile

Runaway Smile - Nicholas C. Rossis, Dimitris Foussekis I found Runaway Smile by Nicholas C. Rossis available online at the author's website. It's about a young boy who wakes up one morning and senses that something is different. It turns out that his smile is gone! As he gets ready for school, he searches. Yet, he cannot find it! On the way to school, he talks to the various people he meets and none of them are able to help him. You'd think that his teacher would be able to give some advice on the matter, but no, she can't solve his problem either. When he gets home, his mother gives him the solution and everything is alright.

Runaway smile features a strange little world, filled entirely of whimsical situations. Yet, it's centered around things that could happen to any sort of child; a boy who has lost his smile and turns to the people around him for help. All of the characters are very unique and have some sort of loveable aspect about them. My favourite is his encounter with the King ("He wants the King's head!"). The illustrations certainly enhance the book in epic proportions. Many of the characters are adorable and the scenes depicted certainly provide amusement.

This book was well drawn, well written and a great book overall! Definitely worth five stars!