Cattereia

Cynically Sweet (Booklikes)

I'm not the most active user here on Booklikes. In fact, sometimes I forget that it even exists. However, I endeavor to come back and post more stuff that I enjoy.

My reviews aren't guaranteed to be something you agree with and my perspective on books isn't something most people generally want. However, I still hope that there's something you can gain from them and you don't feel as if you've wasted your time reading them.

Don't just take my word for it; read the books yourself and form your own opinion!

The Beekeeper's Secret
Dead to the Max
Jasmine Haynes
The Street Philosopher
Matthew Plampin
The Lovely Harbor (Matt Ransom 4)
Bobby Underwood
JUST DESSERTS: a romance novella you won't want to put down
Emma Bennet
The Writing Circle (Voice)
Corinne Demas

Book Review: Diary of a Deadhead by Candace Carson

— feeling excited
Diary Of A Deadhead: A Wild Magical Ride into the World of Sound and Vibration by Candace Carson (2015-06-18) - Candace Carson

Title: Diary of a Deadhead: A Wild Magical Ride Into the World of Sound and Vibration
By: Candace Carson
Categories / Themes: Non-fiction, music, Grateful Dead, autobiography, memoir
Read: 12th January, 2017
Rating: 4 / 5
Obtained: Goodreads Giveaway
Crossposted Review to: Goodreads

Candace Carson is a fan of Grateful Dead, a well known band. Diary of a Deadhead quickly goes through her life and follows her dedication to the band. From her childhood, we get a brief look into some very memorable moments in her perspective.

It wasn't just about the Grateful Dead; it was a look into what it was like to grow up in America during those eras. I found it interesting to think about her brother, Robin and his experience with the army. I also liked getting to experience those concerts through her explanations of them; what it felt like to be there and do the same things she did. I felt it interesting as the author's emotions changed during differing events. We get to experiences highs, lows, love and loss.

I don't think I've ever heard their music, but I still found it to be an interesting read. It was a good look into the author's life. It's a quick book and worth the read!

I won a copy of this book via Goodreads Giveaways and these are just my honest thoughts on it.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1626762300?